Friday, July 23, 2021

The 5 minute adventure technique: Solo Cutz test

 

Being a subscriber to the Diary of an Indie Game Developer Youtube channel, I recently discovered on Solo Cutz, an oracle generator made by Todd Zircher from Tangent Zero (links at the end of the article).

 
The product is in PWYW and comes in the form of an Excel file. The author imported André Norton's text (which I don't know) and cut it into 7-10 word packages. When you refresh the page (F9), the file gives randomly cut pieces of sentences.


So I wanted to see what it was like with the 5 minutes slim-fast playing method
I play a classic space opera. The goal is to deliver illicit cargo.

1st minute - Background
The first sentence of the oracle is:

could shoot them down with no questions

>I have to deliver cargo in a war zone.

Then I will choose the trials. The oracle gives this:

  • explain. "Here," his fingers touched the
  • something?" "I've remembered
  • confidence was contagious. Dane almost
  • enclosure, the Eysies following. But

I decide to draw 4 and keep only 2
"Here," his fingers touched the > I'll need nimble hands to get through the war zone
confidence was contagious. Dane almost > Finally, it will be necessary to succeed in entering the asteroid of this criminal to recover the reward.

 

2nd minute - Challenge 1. Succès + bonus
Thanks to my smuggler's skills (all smugglers are excellent pilots, aren't they?), I zigzag between asteroids and debris to pass without being noticed

Bonus
something?" "I've remembered
I remember something about criminal. (I don't know what yet, but I will). We went to school together or something.
Background filling (note for later, but why is this area at war??)

 

3rd minute. Challenge 2. Failure
Here, I select the last oracle I have left to tell you about the reasons of my failure
enclosure, the Eysies following. But
Arrived in front of the asteroid of criminal mastermind, I talk to the voice command. My ship is allowed to land inside, but when I exit the starship, guards point at me.
(I have no idea what the Eysies are)
Let's assume in our case that it is a race of alien dogs with 8 legs and an inordinately large brain. I'm imagining their brains protected by a glass dome. Those damn cyber animals have sensed something in my thought stream and I'm getting frisked.

Consequence or Advantage?
What would be the consequence?
the wealth and power of the
>me to be stripped? Oh no.

That's when I raise my voice and demand to see Durmix Malgred, my childhood friend, the one we played with in the playground.
Our friend shows up, recognizes me but...


4th minute. Unexpected event.
the party, some of whom were adolescents
Explosions can be heard. The conflict zone has moved here and three badly hit ships are threatening to spit each other out in the hangar hall!

Secret bonus
Luckily the clansmen will take ordinary

Durmix Malgred had been watching this interstellar conflict for a long time and had foreseen this kind of eventuality. A powerful anti-missile shield is erected and the ships disintegrate on it.


5th minute: Conclusion
The engines of the asteroids light up.
"We switch to stealth mode. Direction the Delta point". The asteroid then starts to move
"It looks like you will have to stay with us for a while", says Durmix Malgred looking at me
To be continued...

 

Channel of Diary of an Indie Game Developer (I recommend this channel, the author gives tips for single-player games almost every day. The links to his store are in the description)  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ6hd-qgQ0Y-PMEFHyRaKnA

Store of Tangent Zero: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/9792/Tangent-Zero

If you like solo rpg, don't miss my last productions on dtrpg FULL PREVIEW

Dungeons Solo 1-The Goblins' Den The Wandering Knight SAALT - The simplest ruleset of the World

Find all my productions on drivethrurpg. No risk! Everything is free or in full preview.

Lunar Gin solo rpg

 

And more on the shop of our publisher

Doppelgnger Publishing

 

2 comments:

  1. You might also check out Tilt, where I first laid down how to use cut ups for solo rolaplaying.

    https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/319632/Tilt--An-oracle-for-solo-roleplaying

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Alex, I'll take a look at it
    You can rewrite the link to Tilt in href ;)

    ReplyDelete