Monday, August 13, 2018

Mini solo rpg notebooks A6 - The Excel template!


Recently I introduced my A6 mini notebooks that I use to play small solo rpg sessions. Today, I present you the Excel workbook that I use to generate them.

I want to warn you, this is not turnkey work and you will have to work a little to use it. But this workbook can generate an infinite number of combinations of A6 notebooks.

Instructions for use:
  • Download the attached Excel file: A6AdventuresNotebook.xlsm 
  • Download images on https://game-icons.net/ in png format. 
  • Collect all icons in a single folder. After downloading, you will notice that all icons are in subfolders. You have to put them together in a single folder with nothing else in it (without another folder, otherwise the macro might try to import a folder/file .txt/... instead of an image which would cause an error)
  • launch the FindMyIcons macro (alt-f11 to open the vba console. Position the cursor between the start of the macro (sub) and the end of the macro (end) and press F5). This first macro will list all the images you downloaded. The execution of this first macro is essential because the webmasters of game-icon.net udapte their site permanently.
  • Change the path. In the BrowseTemplate macro, you must specify the path where you saved your icons. line 31 which starts with "fpath="
  • Run the BrowseTemplate macro



For the folding part, I refer you to my previous article where you can also find 5 mini notebook a6 in print and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment