Friday, March 8, 2019

SAALT#4 The Treasure Tree - A solo "EBOOOK" adventure

solo rpg adventure module ebook


Hello dear readers and solitary rpg players!
I know that the deadline has largely expired, but I still wish you a very happy new year! I haven't been very active since my last publication The Secret of Xyrata p2, but it was to polish up what I'm presenting to you today: my fourth solo gmless adventure. And this time, it's a real 22-page ebook that I'm offering to you!

The Treasure Tree - Download on Drivethrurpg
L'Arbre aux Trésors VF - Télecharger sur Drivethrurpg

Why a solo rpg Ebook!

When I started this blog, I was seduced by the one-page dungeons. I found the format in coherence with my conception of the solo rpg. You know my profile, player/gm when I was a teenager; father of a family today in search of the lost time -  but always with this furious desire for adventure! If my profile is still the same, I have decided to change the format of my publications.
Indeed, I belive that one-page format is designed for experts, for those who already practice  solo rpg. Using a one-page page already requires a "Swiss Army Knife" to adapt anything at any time. Not very attractive for beginners who want to test the solo rpg. Not very attractive either for lazy players who just want to let themselves be driven by a narrative plot. Moreover, the format of the one-page was too restrictive and did not leave enough space for me to express my lunar creativity.




solo rpg adventure module ebook

So what is in this solo rpg module?

A great adventure! 17 scenes to play, 14 characters to interpret and the mystery of the Tree to discover.
This module remains in the spirit of the SAALT's series: the introductions of scenes are described and everyone must play them as they wish.
The writing is clearly narrative oriented. The idea is to dream about action scenes and to structure the story in order to have fun as if you were watching a film. For dungeon lovers, I still tried to include a mini-dungeon, but the idea is not to move tokens on a board.
To enhance the immersion, you will find illustrations in each scene.

Plot of the adventure

For those who followed SGAM2018, this adventure was created on the basis of one of Todd Zircher's story seeds who kindly gave me permission to use it: "The Treasure Tree". You can find all the seeds of #SGAM2018 here: "link to SGAM2018 story seeds".
This solo module tells the story of a group of diverse adventurers, from experienced treasure seekers to the simple innkeeper, who go in search of this fabulous treasure tree. The micro situation begins directly in the swamps of the Thorn Island and will end with the discovery of the Tree.
Clues scattered throughout the adventure will lead the reader to reconstruct the history of this island and its fabulous tree, until the final revelation and its consequences.

solo rpg adventure module ebook


The simplest Ruleset of the World!

Designed to be played by beginners, this ebook incorporates the rules described in the article SOLO RPG: the simplest Ruleset of the world! with some modifications. As the pages progress, the reader will gradually discover these rules to guide him in the resolution of the scenes. There are two advantages to using the simplest Ruleset of the world!

  • These rules are really simple and allow you to focus your narrative as a priority. No need to spend hours rolling dice or consulting old grimoires.
  • This system is extremely deadly to the characters. In most cases, a single roll decides whether the adventurer lives or dies. As a result, each roll has a value and brings its element of emotional tension.

SOLO RPG: the simplest Ruleset of the world!

Game tips

The Treasure Tree - solo adventure is packed with tips for managing the narrative:
staging aids: management of group battles, encouragement to initiate a quarrel between characters

  • stimulation for the imagination: the ebook uses the icons from the game-icon site.
  • examples of character creation
  • possible consequences
  • and more!


The objective: to contribute in the diffusion of the solo rpg

With this solo adventure, I tried to produce a quality work. It is completely free of charge. I hope to be able to reach as many people as possible in this way.  Indeed, the gmless game is a fantastic way to escape and rediscover the nostalgia of past games.  Unfortunately, our passion is reserved for a small group of insiders. In addition, the lack of serious business prevents professional publishers from taking an interest in it.

However, I think that the more we share the passion for solo rpg, the better the practice will be. Perhaps one day a professional publisher will even enter the market. Also, I think it's up to us to communicate about our passion to make others want to try solo rpg.
And I imagine that to have an impact, we have to do quality work.

This ebook is also a tribute to #SGAM 2018, an event hosted by Todd Zircher and gathering the entire LoneWolfRPG community. It is through this type of event that attracts many participants that the solo rpg will be able to come out of the shadows.  As such, I would like to thank Larcenous Designs who has invested in #SGAM2018 by offering some giveaways.

This ebook is my way of participating in the distribution of the solo rpg.


If you enjoy this adventure, try SAALT#3 - Secret of Xyrata

No comments:

Post a Comment