Monday, July 15, 2019

SAALT#7 - Curse on Iron Ravine - My Trifold Brochure Adventure Module P3


This is the third and final chapter of the Iron Ravine trilogy! The script, always delivered in the tri-fold brochure layout, will allow you to decide the fate of this mini campaign universe. Will Iron Ravine end up burned in the flames? Ravaged by monstrous creatures? Or will your adventurers succeed in saving the city?


It' s with a little bit of nostalgia that I publish today the last part of the Iron Ravine campaign. Like every adventure that ends, I leave the universe that made me vibrating with lots of images in my head. But I leave it with the pride of having been able to complete the challenge I set myself by publishing one adventure per month and by giving the best of myself to each publication.

Download Curse on Iron Ravine PDF (fr and en) on DrivethrughRPG

The script of this pamphlet adventure

In Talona's revenge, adventurers discovered a secret cult dedicated to Lady of Poison, Mistress of Disease, and Mother of All Plagues. After a difficult battle, they were able to defeat the plague spewer and prevent the pandemic from devastating the city completely. But the adventurers also discovered that the high priest Horke, leader of the Grumbar temple, had betrayed his god to ally himself with Talona.
In Malediction on Iron Ravine, the adventurers will have to lead the final battle against Horke. A zone of darkness has risen over his temple confirming his betrayal. And time is running out. The army of the local lord threatens to destroy the city if the "Horke" problem is not solved before nightfall! 

What is in this adventure pamphlet?

This episode begins with the assault on the Grumbar temple (a rather classic dungeonering phase), but the adventure will not end here. The script gives readers who have had the courage to read the campaign so far a rather special ending twist. In The lair of the Mecanist Gnome, I wanted to highlight the ingenuity of the players to manage a complicated situation. In The Eye of Talona, I wanted to focus the gameplay on an investigation phase. In Malediction on Grumbar, you will have to showcase your negotiation and persuasion skills to save the day.




Feedback on my Tri-fold Pamphlet RPG Campaign

I hope you' ll enjoy this ultimate adventure in this layout. I have enjoyed writing adventures in this format. It was a real exercise to force yourself to write a story on a single double-sided page. But I must admit that I am not yet satisfied with the result. The main reason is that this format is not suitable for digital reading. In fact, there are few readers who have had the courage to print the tri-fold brochure. 
I understand perfectly - I do the same. Also, I think I'll move on to something more mobile friendly next time. The CYOA homebrew that we find on the net intrigues me a lot and I may be directed towards this exploration.

Again, feel free to comment ON THIS IF YOU HAVE DISLIKED. All opinions are good to take and help me to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment