Wednesday, May 15, 2019

SAALT#5 - The Lair of the Mechanist Gnome - My Trifold Brochure adventure module


In my last post promoting Gobelin Henchman's Excel template, I discovered the format of tri-fold brochures. This format immediately seduced me with its simplicity and practicality. It seemed to me to be very good and adapted to what I'm trying to do: fast and disposable.


Thanks to Angela Quidam,  Thanks to Angela Quidam, I learned that an event was underway on itch.io: the Dungeon Jam Pamphlet. Link to the event: https://itch.io/jam/pamphletjam
Returning to motivation, I immediately jumped at the opportunity to create my own pamphlet. And that's how the fifth of the short adventures at lunch time was born!


What's in this mini adventure?

You will find a mini module composed:

  • of a scenario of 3 to 5 scenes. Designed to be played quickly, the paragraphs are arranged in such a way that they can be played at the same time as it is discovered.
  • the rules are not described, but I decided to indicate the stats of ADD (that the whole community knows)
  • a mini-background
  • jokes


The pamphlet scenario

The adventurers are going to loot a workshop of a mechanic gnome who has been missing for a very long time. But of course not everything will go as planned. As usual, if the scenes are described, their interpretation remains free.
The scenario is classic in appearance, but conceals secrets, especially in the images like an escape game.


A mini-campaign

The Mechanist Gnome Laboratory is the first part of a 3 scenario campaign. The other mini modules will be released in the same format on 15/06 and 15/07. I bet the direction I've taken will surprise you!
The scenario is classic, but it contains a mini background that seemed interesting to me. Feel free to tell me what you think in the comments. The action takes place at Iron Ravine, a mining town whose activity is flourishing thanks to the large quantities of iron found in the mountain. Located at the source of the Ochre River, at the foot of a hostile mountain, the city enjoys such a reputation that buyers do not hesitate to go up the river to obtain ore. The city also hosts a house of inventor gnomes. Unfortunately, the format of the pamphlet does not allow me to develop the background any further and it will be up to everyone to use it as they see fit.


The rules

Unlike the Treasure Tree, I didn't specify a rule to play the game. The statistics given are those of AD&D and are intended only to provide references that everyone knows. 

I hope you will enjoy it!

Liens de téléchargement:
The Lair of the Mechanist  Gnome (EN) PDF
Le Repère du Gnome Mécaniste (FR) PDF



2 comments:

  1. J'ai fait un petit poste sur mon blog pour donner mon avis et relayer l'info sur ce très chouette module d'aventure.

    Merci à toi Lunar Gin pour ce partage et hâte de lire et de jouer la suite ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci pour ton super commentaire!
      https://herossolitaire.blogspot.com/2019/05/le-repere-du-gnome-mecaniste-mini.html

      Delete