Friday, August 20, 2021

Rewriting - How to play solo rpg in FIVE minutes only? Example #2


 

In a previous article How to play solo rpg in FIVE minutes only? Example #2 , I explained how to play in 5 minutes. The result was satisfactory but incomplete. Since I liked the adventure, I wanted to take some time to rethink all these adventures and rewrite the adventure

I'm not going to completely distort what I've written in the past. I'm filling in the blanks


 


Reminder: Our character was stuck on an asteroid which was the secret base of a criminal mastermind. 

 

My character is called Jakdeo Sewacoo and is a smuggler like Han Solo.


As a preamble, I use 3 oracles to determine what's going on

The asteroid is looking for a new destination and our hero can't escape


Background: I allow myself 2 oracles out of 4 to determine the action

While the Asteroid is still looking for its new destination, the interstellar conflict is intensifying. Many times the space station has had to use its shields to avoid spits or attacks. The shields have almost no energy left (Forward-field) and must be recharged.Precisely, the crew has located a source of energy on a planet of intelligent trees (Deku-Tree), at the bottom of a cursed temple in the crater of a volcano (Ifrit).Our old friend politely asks us to take the lead of a small group of men to get the battery.

 Event 1: Crucifix

The temple is guarded by glowing zombie priests. But the small group is armed enough to slaughter these enemies. We find a beautiful two-handed sword, perhaps enchanted.

 

Event 2 : Air Man

I suddenly have a flash of genius in my interpretation! As the small group progresses in the cursed temple, sounds of explosion are heard. The roof explodes and robots invade the room. It's a fight!
Background moment: These robots are those who are at the center of the space conflict! They are a race of intelligent robots/rebels...(I draw an oracle... Chopstiks)Hmmm, sushi eating robots?These robots are part of a very hierarchical empire. They follow a Japanese Feodal, samurai type code of honor.And, they are looking for ancient energy capsules like the one I am looking for in this temple

 

Defeat & Consequences: Lips

(note that I could very well choose victory, but I decide to keep my weapon and my secret for later)Defeat is possible!
My party suffers a great defeat. The robots are killing machines. Almost all the men are dead. A samurai robot approaches my wounded character. His belly fan turns on and seems to suck something out of me... my voice! Voice extinction! I can't speak anymore!His belly fan turns on and seems to suck something out of me... my voice! Voice extinction! I can't speak anymore!
Worse! The robot starts talking with MY voice! and he says :

  (frozen arrow) Your time is coming to an end, humanoids! Wars, destruction... You have not been able to respond to your humanity!
In order to keep the suspense, my idea is decided: These robots (or their leader) are in search of humanity. They want to become human, without being totally human. In short, a crazy AI tuc, you see. What makes us human... A philosophical debate that will come in future years (please, call me Gin The Oracle).
That's why they try to steal human characteristics, voice, character, moods...
On the other hand, their leader thinks that we have not made good use of our "power". We have started wars, poverty.... and want to conquer the universe to rebuild it

 

Unexpected Event (bis): Time bomb

Deciding not to leave it there, I decide to follow the robots who progress in the dungeon. They finally reach an altar in the middle of a lava lake topped by a gigantic robotic statue. 

In the hand of the robot is an energy capsule. It radiates a luminescent blue.In the hand of the robot is an energy capsule. It radiates a luminescent blue.

At this point, I need some background elements. The adventure takes a direction I like and I catch my breath to create a real background story.


It's time to put some sci-fi into sci-fi!

 

solo rpg oracle

The leader of the robots explains his motivations:The leader of the robots explains his motivations:
This energy capsule is not ordinary: it would contain the energy of an entire galaxy. It would have been created by one of our ancestors, a half-machine, half-human AI.
This energy is necessary to activate the Ark. This spaceship will allow us to go further than the Hyperspace and to enter in The Knot. It is there that the genetic code of the evolution of the species of the universe is hidden. We will be able to break the chain of evolution to recreate hybrid races and save the universe.


Ok, I admit it, it's a scenario not even worthy of a B-movie... but well, that's also speedrunning!
And that's SF in SFA


Suddenly, a growl is heard. A gigantic gorilla with red fur arrives in the scene.

The robots shoot at the gorilla but without success. Suddenly, the red coat bursts into flames and the creature rushes towards the robot squad. The fight is fierce.The robots shoot at the gorilla but without success. Suddenly, the red coat bursts into flames and the creature rushes towards the robot squad. The fight is fierce.
The red fur is now on fire...
The samurai robot suddenly understands: This monster... It looks like it will explode?


Immediately, my voice thief takes advantage of the confusion and starts climbing the giant robot.
I decide to follow him.


Final fight on the hand of the robot. The samurai is strong, but this time I use my enchanted sword.
Finally, rays of light come out of the Sasquatch which ends up exploding destroying the whole area.

I like the idea that this prehistoric creature can destroy these advanced robots...

 

Is my Samourai Nemesis dead?

  • 1-2: Yes 
  • 3:No but, definitively incapacited
  • 4:No but, mentally altered  
  • 5:No but, become tolerant, change of mind
  • 6:No and, bloddlust against me and other non hybrid lifeforms

d6= No. I'll roll later

 

Is my character dead? No, because of...

solo rpgGreat Pyramid

Since the beginning, my character had understood that this giant robot caracass was actually a tomb. He remembered a legend: the intelligent trees of this planet had built an AI to protect and improve nature. Or maybe it was the other way around?
In any case, the sasquatch was the guardian of these places and had to protect at all costs what is inside the tomb. In these conditions, it was impossible for him to damage it with his attacks.
My character, familiar with archaic tombs (having looted more than one) had spotted the secret entrance (the robot's eyes had no pupils - proof that they were hiding something. Plants don't always do well at reproducing humans...)
So when the fire gorilla was about to explode, my character rushed to this secret door for safety. 

 

Conclusion

Inside, the metal corridors are covered with earth, lianas and vegetation. As if we wanted to recreate a nature/robot hybrid.

My character ends up meeting

 An intelligent climbing plant. (1-2:AI 3-4:Living being 5-6:Something else) It is an AI, a unique hybrid plant/robot model. It is at the origin of this world of perfect symbiosis between nature and robotics. 
She is peaceful and hates war. A long time ago she also wanted to destroy men, then evolved and withdrew to this planet

Its relationship with the rest of the story:

She felt the dimensional disturbances triggered by the AI of the invading robots (let's call them, the Imperium). Fearing a rupture in reality, she lured them to her planet to try to destroy them, but it didn't work as planned.

 L'IA de l'Imperium n'est pas comme les autres IA. Elle est fragmentée en milliers d'entitées disctinctes...

 

This is what it looks like with a little rewriting effort. The campaign is not finished, but gives an interesting background. The main plot seems to me too large to be concluded only by my only character.


G

 

If you liked this article, you will certainly be interested in the basic article: Play in 5 minutes with this simple technique and the partie n°1 des aventures The 5 minute adventure technique: Solo Cutz test

 

If you like solo rpg, don't miss my last productions on dtrpg FULL PREVIEW

Dungeons Solo 1-The Goblins' Den The Wandering Knight SAALT - The simplest ruleset of the World

Find all my productions on drivethrurpg. No risk! Everything is free or in full preview.

Lunar Gin solo rpg

 

And more on the shop of our publisher

Doppelgnger Publishing

 

No comments:

Post a Comment